Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

2-at-a-time socks

well, I just finished my seaweed socks over the weekend, and had a week to kill before beginning my september socks. ....So, I decided this would be the perfect chance to knit my neice a pair of socks. I found a skein of Sassy Stripes, which is pretty thick for sock yarn, but this would make it a lot easier to get them done in the next week. (i have a feeling i will be getting some gorgeous sock yarn for my birthday this weekend) this is my first experiment with 2-at-a-time on 1 circular needle. I got about 2 inches done on each cuff last night, and frankly im not sure what all the fuss is about! I usually use 2 sets of DPN's so I never have to worry about SSS (2nd sock syndrome). I've heard people say 2aat makes sock knitting portable, but I ALWAYS have a sock on DPN's with me no matter where I go. And how is carring 2 socks and 2 skeins of yarn more portable???? With this method, I feel like most of my time is spent adusting the cable and the stiches on the needle; and very little time actually knitting. I actually havent heard of anyone who tried this method and went back to DPN's, so am i missing something?? Well, Im going to keep at it, maybe by the time I reach the toe I will suddenly love it, and throw out all my DPN's...........well, that will NEVER happen even if I do stick to this method.
Happy knitting!

knit projects 101

No comments:

Post a Comment