Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2-at-a-time socks part 2

Well, I completed day 2 of my newest venture (2-at-a-time socks on 1 circular needle) , and I am still not loving this method. I just completed the gusset, and worked the first round of gusset decreases. It took forever to get the gusset completed, because I was just not getting it at first. I was more than just a little tempted to slide my stiches back onto my trusty DPN's at least to finish the gusset, but I persisted. I got it, but not convinced this way is better.
Now Im thinking that maybe I just got too good with my DPN's, and found ways to work around the things most people dont like about DPN's. For instance, like I said before, I use 2 sets of needles and work back and forth between 2 socks so that I dont have 1 finished sock, and have to start all over on the 2nd one. 2nd, I usually carry a small notebook with me to mark rounds as I complete them. I never have to go back and count rounds or measure and compare socks like other people have complained about.
Anyway back to the actuall socks at hand. I have officially named them Layered Berry Surprise. They are very thick, and feel a little velvety, and the deep pinkish red screams Christmas. My neice is already adorable, but with THESE socks on her precious little feet--Look out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment