Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

My new goal in life

So, lately, (if you couldn't tell already) I have been obsessed with sock knitting. And have been thinking I want to be an expert at knitting socks. I've also been thinking christmas is never far enough away, and I ALWAYS run out of time before finding somethinng for everyone. So why not combine my 2 goals (1. expert sock knitter 2. have christmas presents for everyone by Christmas) into one goal??? I have been researching different techniques, styles, and patterns and am going to try and use all of these in order to knit a different pair of socks for each person in my family. My son's will be the first pair, as I am more than halfway through, and have used the toe to cuff method. My goal is to have knitted 10 different pairs of socks, each one incorporating a different technique, style, or pattern, by Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. nice goal! Best of luck...have you figured out how much time you need to knit each pair by Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That goal was actually for last Christmas, when I had a lot more knitting time. I ended up moving in September, so that caused a BIG halt in my knitting. I did end up getting about 6 pairs knitted though from July to December. I have since re-connected with my sock knitting- yay! I'm currently knitting a pairr for myself finally using Cookie a.'s monster pattern. I had to reverse the pattern though because Im knitting toe-up and her pattern was for a cuff down.

    Thanks for commenting- your my very first comment, so I'm super excited right now! Also it was very good to re-visit "my goal in life".z

    ReplyDelete