Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

sock knitting techniques

So, I have been looking around at some other sock knitting techniques in order improve my sock knitting skills. I have done a countless number of socks using double pointed needles working from cuff down. So when I started knitting the pink pair of socks for my son I decided to use a toe down patter. I really like this way--no grafting. The only set-back was getting re-aquainted with increases; and I just learned that I need to learn to bind off much looser.
I also had been thinking about knitting another pair using the magic loop method--Im thinking my stitches will look more even on this method. I then saw a book on knitting on socks 2 at a time on 1 circular needle. Wow, I was really excited to try this. But then I got to thinking....2 skeins of yarn going at the trouble would equal a big mess to untangle. Plus, it might ruin one of my favorite aspects of knitting socks: The portability. My socks go EVERYWHERE I go. This may not be as easy when I have 2 socks, and 2 skeins of yarn. There are also many other stich patterns that I have been seeing and want to experiment with., and am not sure if experimenting with a brand new technique AND pattern will be a good idea. So, after getting about 3 new books on different techniques, I am now thinking of sticking with my regular double pointed needle way----although I think I may primarily toe up designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment