Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Not a celebrity scarf in 3 days

Unfortunatelyl I won't be able to post a finished pic of the not a celebrity scarf I was knitting with the Noro because I ran out of yarn. :(

I tried getting more from my LYS, but they didn't carry it. Another :(
BUT they did have super soft Mochi plus in shades of fusia. This is one of my mom's favorite colors, so I thought this may be a great mother's day present.

Well maybe not as great as I would hope, bit there is no way I would be able to knit the socks she wants in only 3 days.

This scarf turned out better than the one I started in Noro. It is VERY soft, and the colors are beautiful. I couldn't get any pics yet, but will plan on getting some within the week.

I also just finished my son's green socks. I used Fannies fingering weight in the rainforest colorway.

I have been holding this yarn for almost a year since I got it at my favorite yarn store: www.loopyarn.com. I refused to let them wind it because I love holding (and petting) new yarn. I even wore it around my neck. I guess this is all part of my creative process, (not insanity!) and to give proper respect to the yarn. The other reason is that it just doesn't look nearly as beautiful in a ball as it does in a Hank.

Before:



After:



Finished:


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment