Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Prayer Shawl

I just got back from my prayer shawl group, so now I am super motivated to keep on knitting.

This is about the 3rd meeting I've attended now, and love the fact that it is perfectly acceptable to sit around and knit for 2 hours, without feeling guilty for not doing something more necessary. (like cooking, cleaning, blah blah blah)

The women who leads the group informed us that they have given out 115 shawl/Lap robes since they started in 2008. Awesome!!!

Unfortunately I have only finished 1 so far. :(. I will probably spend tomorrow evening looking for patterns on www.ravelry.com. I gotta catch up!

This such a great way to give back to the community, and would LOVE to start something like this for those with mental illness and/or homeless. However, I'm thinking scarves and or blankets. Although blankets would take a lot of time, it could be very interesting to piece together a patchwork blanket made from several people knitting squares of various patterns.





Well, time to get back to my knitting! Goodnight! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment